I am so excited to share a fun New Year’s crafting idea. I love making a Vision Board on New Year’s Day – there is so much excitement and hope with a new year. I decided to make a portable Plans + Vision Board Notebook that I can include all of my plans, checklists and goals in! This notebook will soon be filled with ideas – and when I write down my ideas I tend to be really good at accomplishing specific things such as making certain craft projects and even writing out steps towards a larger goal.
Here is my supplies list for my “Plans + Vision Board Notebook”:
- Kunin Classicfelt in black (or any color you prefer)
- Glitter Cardstock (or any fun scrapbook paper of your choice)
- Felt was cut with these Sizzix XL Dies:
- Fresh Blossoms Alphabet Set
- Badges by Laura Kelly
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue or a Glue Stick
- Magazines (I like Real Simple or People)
First you need to cut your felt pieces, here are the pieces you need:
- For the word “PLANS”: Use the Sizzix Fresh Blossoms Alphabet die
- For the matting frames: Use the Sizzix Badges die
- Option: If you do not have a die cutting machine – you can cut these by hand and they will look just at beautiful!
Cut up the pieces for your Vision Board from your magazine:
- Once you have your images and words for the background of your notebook, practice arranging them and then when you are ready you can use a thin layer of Aleene’s Tacky Glue or a glue stick to adhere them to the cover of the notebook.
After your magazines pieces are glued, you can add the badges matting pieces and the word “Plans”, in Kunin Felt, on top. I used Aleene’s Tacky Glue to adhere both the glitter cardstock and the felt.
Start your plans for 2018 – be ready for an exciting new year and embrace all the fun opportunities that you have to look forward to.
I hope you have a fabulous New Year’s Holiday with your friends and family. Thank you for checking out my latest creation on the Kunin Blog.You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Owner of Mothership Scrapbook Gal
Founder of Crafty Happy Hour