Are you needing a last minute costume, since Halloween is TODAY! Grab a witch’s hat at a department store, on sale by now, dress all in black and add a wart. Now all that is needed is a broom. Got five minutes well maybe ten from grabbing the supplies. I made these for my grandlittle girls and they loved them!
You will need:
- 12” x 18” craft cuts Kunin Premiumfelt: 1 Black (child broom) 2 Black (adult broom)
- 3’ dowel (child broom) 4’-5’ (adult broom)
- 1 yard ribbon
- Fabri-tac adhesive
- Scissors, ruler, chalk
1. Measure or just eyeball the cuts into the 12” x 18” piece leaving a 3” band at top. Continue cutting the entire piece.
2. Measure up 6” on one end of dowel. Begin gluing the band to the dowel. Continue wrapping and gluing piece in place until the end. Repeat with second piece for adult broom.
3. Tie ribbon around felt band 2” from top.
4. Have a couple more minutes, decorate handle with washi tape.
My grandlittle girls were so surprised and delighted with their brooms and witchy outfits. They did insist on riding the brooms backwards, at ages two and three, it works.
The Witchy Poo birthday party was lots of fun even though a witch crash landed in the center of the table into a bucket of candy corn. Oh my! 😊
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Happy Trick or Treating!