By Katie Berry
Football season is upon us and everyone is getting excited! The weather has been a little cooler some days and it is starting to feel like football time! I’m a big fan of college football and I am ready to see my team play! To get ready for the season, I made this GO TEAM Felt Football Wreath!
Materials I used:
- 9” x 12” craft cut of Kunin Classicfelt™ (1) Lemon Frost, (3) Apple Green, (1) White
- Cut of 36″ x 20 yards bolt of Kunin Classicfelt™ Walnut
- Make It Fun Foam Wreath
- Hot Glue Gun and Hot Glue
- Jute Rope
- Cutting Mat, Cutting Ruler and Rotary Cutter
- Ellison Die Cut Machine, Cutting Pads, Letter Die
How I made it:
1. First I cut my letters, my football, and my strips of felt. For the green felt, I cut 2” x 12” strips. For the white felt, I cut .25” x 9” strips. I think it looks like a football field! I eyeballed my football, but you could find a pattern online. I cut two pieces for the football so that I could glue them together and make it a little sturdier. I also eyeballed the laces for the football!
2. Using my hot glue gun, I glued the green strips around the foam wreath form.
3. Once I got the wreath form completely covered, I glued the white strips over the edges of the green felt. Once the white strips were glued all the way around, I cut off the loose ends.
4. I then cut out small triangles to create a banner using the Walnut felt.
5. I glued the letters to the banner pieces and then glued the banner pieces to the jute rope.
6. I figured out how I wanted my banner pieces laid out on the wreath and glued them in place using the hot glue gun.
7. Then I glued the laces to the football and then glued the football to the bottom of the wreath.
I hope you like this Go Team Felt Football Wreath! It can be customized to your favorite team with different color felts!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.