Have fun this Easter with this simple DIY Easter egg bunny craft. Crafting around the holidays is so much fun, but egg-dyeing can be time-consuming and very messy. This egg craft is mess free and kid approved. This craft will get you in the mood for spring and Easter and your students will love it, too! Let’s grab our supplies and let’s get crafting!
You Will Need:
- 9″ x 12” craft cuts Kunin Classicfelt™ in white
- Plastic Easter Eggs
- Kate Hadfield Designs: Color In Eggheads Clip Art
- TULIP Fabric Markers
- Permanent Marker
- Colored Pencils
- Free Easter Bunny Poem Printable
1. I got my inspiration for this craft from this poem called Easter Bunny. Be sure to grab this FREE printable to go along with your craft.
2. I purchased Kate Hadfield Designs Color In Eggheads Clip Art for this craft. This bunny printable makes turning any Easter egg into a bunny fun and easy! Print the printable and use scissors to cut the printable from white cardstock. Color the printable to your liking.
4. Wrap the printable around your Easter egg and adhere to the egg with any type of adhesive. Have your students cut out bunny ears from 9″ x 12” craft cuts Kunin Classicfelt™ in white. Add details to your felt cutouts using a TULIP fabric marker. Add embellishments to your bunny to make it come to life!
5. Print out the free Easter Bunny printable. Have your students use colored pencils, markers, or crayons to color the free printable. If your students are older and more skilled at using a scissors, have them cut out their own felt pieces instead of using the printable.
6. Be sure to grab the FREE Easter Bunny printable by Clicking Here.
Your class will be flopping and hopping like bunnies with this fun DIY Easter egg bunny craft. Extend this craft by having your students identify different motions for each part of the Easter Bunny poem. This is a great way to incorporate movement into any classroom!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.