It’s easy to decorate your home for the fall season with Kunin felt. I love decorating my desk. Whether you work at home or in an office or cubicle, these easy decorating ideas can make your workspace feel festive and relaxing. It all happens with Kunin Group felt!
Today I am sharing a fall banner created with felt shapes that I die cut and glued together. If you don’t have a die cutting machine, you can free hand cut shapes or use coloring book pages as patterns to make leaves, foxes, pumpkins, and other fall motifs.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this project:
- Assorted 9” x 12” sheets of Kunin Eco-Fi felt in fall colors
- Scissors or die cutting system with dies
- Aleene’s Felt and Foam Glue
- Tulip Slick Fabric Paint
- Yarn darning or large eye needle
- Mini clothespins (optional)
1. Die cut or handcut shapes from felt.
2. Glue any pieces together using Aleene’s Felt and Foam Glue.
3. Add details to felt shapes with Tulip Slick Fabric Paint, such as eyes and noses on felt foxes.
4. Stitch the shapes together with a piece of twine using a large eye needle. You can attach shapes to twine with mini clothespins instead of stitching the pieces together.
5. Spread the shapes out along the piece of twine and then drape along the wall, mantle, or across your cubicle.
I hope you enjoyed this fun fall project! We had this banner on my desk for about a month and I recently moved it to my mantle for Thanksgiving. When the holidays are over, the banner folds up neat and compact to be stored for the next year. Use this same concept to decorate with Kunin Group felt for every season!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
See more projects like this on my blog at Just JP.