It is back to school season and it’s that time of the year to set your student expectations and teach classroom routines and procedures. Today I am excited to be sharing with you two different ways to use Kunin Felt Products in the classroom. Let’s grab our supplies and get started!
You Will Need:
- 9″ x 12” craft cuts Kunin Classicfelt™: Red, Orange, Yellow, Kelly Green, Neon Green, Neon Blue, Purple, Candy Pink, Walnut Brown
- 12″ x 18” craft cut Kunin Premiumfelt™: Peacock, Violet Sky
- Sizzix Bigz Die – Circles 1″ & 1 1/2″ (Item # A10212) – Ellison Education
- Sizzix Bigz XL Die – Bag w/Handles (Item # 656238) – Ellison Education
- Sizzix Bigz Die – Apple #2 (Item # A11066) – Ellison Education
- Sizzix Bigz Die – Glasses (Item # A10682) – Ellison Education
- Sizzix Bigz Die – Mustaches (Item # A11030) – Ellison Education
- Sizzix Bigz Die Set – Badges (4 Die Set) – (Item # A11114) – Ellison Education
- Ellison SuperStar Machine- Ellison Education
- Scissors, Adhesive, Googly Eyes, TULIP Fabric Markers, AdornIt Laura Kelly Clear Alphabet Stickers.
Classroom Management: Fuzzies
Fuzzies are a great way to focus on positive reinforcement in the classroom. Simply give the child exhibiting the desired behavior a fuzzy as a reward or allow the child to redeem a certain number of fuzzies for a large prize.
1. I used my Ellison SuperStar Machine to die cut a large number of 1” and 1 ½” circles using a variety of colors of Kunin Classicfelt™ and Kunin Premiumfelt™. Simply add googly eyes and a silly face to give your fuzzies a personality! I stored my fuzzies in a bag with handles that I die cut using my SuperStar Machine. My favorite part is allowing my students to help me create their own fuzzies. I love seeing the silly facial expressions that they add to each fuzzy.
Classroom Management: VIP Caddy
A VIP caddy is another great way to promote positive reinforcement! Simply choose one or two children who are exhibiting the desired behavior to use the VIP caddy while they are working. Fill the VIP caddies with specialty pens, markers, pencils, crayons, and other writing utensils to make it extra special!
1. I used my Ellison SuperStar Machine to die cut a bag with handles from cardstock. Using Kunin Classicfelt™ and Kunin Premiumfelt™, I die cut a variety of items for my students to decorate their own VIP supply caddy.
The possibilities with Kunin Felt Products in the classroom are endless! Stay tuned to the third Tuesday of each month for some other ways to use felt in the classroom!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.