by Beth Watson
Back to School time is fast approaching (August 10th for Southwest Florida) and I have created this Pencil Banner so all of my crafty teacher friends can “WELCOME” their students back to class in style!
- 9” x 12” craft cuts Kunin™ Eco-Fi™ Classicfelt™ in Black (1); Silver Gray (1); Sandstone (1); Candy Pink (1) and Gold (3)
- JOY SA Varsity Block Letters, self-adhesive 3” tall in Black – WELCOME
- Beacon Adhesives Felt Glue
- Ranger Ink Stickles™ Glitter Glue in Silver
- Patterns; Ruler; Pencil; Cardstock; Scissors; Aquarellable pencils by Stabilo in black and white; Ribbon (48”)
- Download patterns HERE, print on cardstock and then cut out.
- Trace each pattern shape seven (7) times onto light felt with Black Aquarellable pencil and onto dark felt with White Aquarellable pencil. Cut out all shapes with scissors.
- Pencil Bases onto Kunin™ Eco-Fi™ Classicfelt™ Gold; Pencil Erasers onto Kunin™ Eco-Fi™ Classicfelt™ Candy Pink; Eraser Cuffs onto Kunin™ Eco-Fi™ Classicfelt™ Silver Gray; Pencil Point Large onto Kunin™ Eco-Fi™ Classicfelt™ Sandstone and Pencil Point Small onto Kunin™ Eco-Fi™ Classicfelt™ Black.
- Assemble pencils with Beacon Felt Glue. Attach Pencil Point Small to Pencil Point Large. Attach Pencil Eraser to Pencil Base, overlapping 1”. Attach Pencil Cuff to edge of Pencil Eraser. Flip over and attach Pencil Point Large to wavy edge of Pencil Base. Let dry.
5. Peel back liner paper and attach letters to center of each pencil spelling out WELCOME.
6. Attach ribbon to back of each pencil, leaving 12” at each end and 1” in between each pencil. Let dry.
7. Accent Pencil Cuff with lines and circles of silver glitter glue, as outlined in photo. Let dry.
The WELCOME Pencil Banner went together in just under an hour, so it is quick and easy to create in an evening or afternoon. Change up the message to incorporate the Teacher’s name, School name (and colors) or just to say WELCOME BACK! The possibilities are endless!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Thanks for stopping by! -Beth
One thought on “Welcome Pencil Banner”
What a great back to school project! Thanks Beth!
Comments are closed.