By Beth Watson
The 4th of July will be here soon and we always have a full day of Parades, Cookouts and Family FUN, so I have created these Felt Firecrackers to decorate the center of the table this year.
Here’s what you will need:
- Kunin Eco-fi® Rainbow ClassicFelt™ 9″ x 12″ Craft Cuts – Cadet Blue (1), Gold (1) and Royal Blue (1).
- Kunin Eco-fi® GlitterFelt™ 9” x 12” Craft Cuts – Red (1) and White (1).
- Ann Butler Designs by Clearsnap – Blueberry Craft Ink and Background Basics Checkered Stamp.
- Beacon Adhesives Felt Glue.
- Recycled Cardboard Tubes; Ruler; White & Black USA General’s Scribe All Pencils; Scissors, Pinking Shears; Red & White Star Buttons; Gold Tinsel Stems (3); Gold Glitter Glue; Red & Clear self-adhesive Rhinestones; Rubberbands and a Piercing Tool.
Here’s how to make it:
1.) Load Checkered Stamp with Blueberry Ink and stamp all over Cadet Blue Kunin Eco-fi® Rainbow ClassicFelt™, let dry.
2.) Measure and cut felt to fit around tubes, attach with glue and secure with rubber bands until glue is dry. Cover small tube in White Kunin Eco-fi® GlitterFelt™; medium tube in stamped Cadet Blue Kunin Eco-fi® Rainbow ClassicFelt™ and large tube in Red Kunin Eco-fi® GlitterFelt™. Trace and cut tops for each tube from cardboard and matching felt. Attach to top of each tube with glue, let dry.
TIP: I use the USA General’s Scribe All Pencils in White on dark colored felt and in Black on light colored felt for marking prior to cutting.
3.) Measure and cut a 2 ½” band of Royal Blue Kunin Eco-fi® Rainbow ClassicFelt™ and four 1” wide strips of White Kunin Eco-fi® GlitterFelt™ and attach to large tube with glue. With Pinking Shears cut 12 circles from Red Kunin Eco-fi® GlitterFelt™ and attach to medium tube with glue. Measure and cut five ½” x 9” strips of Royal Blue Kunin Eco-fi® Rainbow ClassicFelt™ with Pinking Shears. Secure felt with rubber bands until glue dries.
4.) Trace and cut six stars from Gold Kunin Eco-fi® Rainbow ClassicFelt™. Place gold tinsel stem in center and attach second star with glue. Place a heavy item on the star, like a jar of paint, until dry. Make two more stars.
5.) Embellish small tube with red and clear rhinestones, medium tube with white star buttons and large tube with red star buttons. Embellish stars with gold glitter glue, let dry.
6.) Pierce the center of the top of the small tube and wiggle the piercing tool to make the hole a bit larger. Curl the top of the gold tinsel stem, then insert through the hole. Trim end of stem, if necessary. Repeat with medium and large tubes.
Create and entire set of Fire Crackers for your 4th of July Celebration and watch the sparks FLY!
Thanks for stopping by! -Beth