I just LOVE crafting for holidays and Easter is no exception – with Bunny, Carrot and Egg images – it is cuteness personified! I created these cute, but sophisticated Carrot Easter Baskets to fill with candy and give to my co-workers this year – I hop hope they like them!
- 9” x 12” craft cuts Kunin™ Eco-Fi™ Glitter FriendlyFelt™ in Apple Green (2)
- 9” x 12” craft cuts Kunin™ Eco-Fi™ FriendlyFelt™ in Orange (4)
- Beacon Adhesives Felt Glue
- Americana Paint by DecoArt – Tangelo Orange
- Paper Mache Flower Pot 4” tall; Scissors; pinking shears; chalk pencil (dark colored for lighter felt); Ribbon – orange gingham (2 yards); Ruler; Pencil; Pint Brush; Spring Style Clothes Pins (6-8); Easter Grass and Eggs.
1.) Base coat inside and outside of paper mache flower pot with Tangelo Orange, let dry. Apply a second coat, if necessary.
2.) Download and print PATTERNS, cut out. Trace carrot pattern on to Orange FriendlyFelt eight (8) times and cut out. Trace leaf pattern on to Apple Green Glitter FriendlyFelt eight (8) times and cut out.
TIP: If you are going to make more than one Carrot Basket, I would recommend cutting patterns out of light weight chipboard or poster board for durability.
3.) Attach four (4) pieces of ribbon to each of the eight (8) carrots with Beacon Felt Glue, set aside to dry.
4.) Attach leaf pieces to BACK of Carrots with Beacon Felt Glue, set aside to dry.
5.) Apply Beacon Felt Glue to back of Carrot and attach to flower pot, securing each with a clothes pin, as you go. Once all eight (8) Carrots are attached, secure with rubber bands until dry.
6.) Measure and cut with pinking shears, a ½” wide by 12” long handle and attach to top of basket with Beacon Felt Glue. Secure with clothes pins and let dry.
Fill your Carrot Easter Basket with some grass and eggs and give as a gift to family, friends or co-workers!
Thanks for stopping by! -Beth